November - Game Sausage Cassoulet
The beauty of this quick little recipe is that it works with every single one of the Woodmill Game sausages. Made with only a few ingredients and a cooking time of less than 25 minutes, this Autumnal Wild cassoulet will be sure to warm up the dinner table.
1x pack Woodmill Game sausages
1x diced red onion
400g chopped tomatoes
400g tinned butterbeans
100g porcini mushrooms
10g chopped fresh parsley
1. Put the uncooked sausages into a casserole dish.
2. In a separate pan, fry the onions until soft and then pour in the tomatoes and beans and bring to a simmer.
3. Pour the mixture over the sausages, cover with a lid and bake in the oven at 200C for 20 minutes.
- Woodmill Tip -
A dash of sherry will pep things up.
4. Take off lid and bake for a further 10 mins.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve with some crunchy greens.