April - Spring Tenderloin
Perfect for a nice meal a deux, and always impresses at dinner parties. A treat of a cut, as tender as it sounds and enhanced with our delicious jus. It requires virtually no cooking so super-convenient too.
Allow approx. 150g roe tenderloin per person*
½ Tbs oil
For the jus:
1 Tbs cranberry sauce
1 Tbs. red currant jelly
¼ pint red wine (leftover is fine)
(We can supply 350g or 800g Red Tenderloins)
1. Prepare the jus by placing all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stir and then simmer for about 20 mins until reduced by 75% - it should be shiny and thick.
2. Once the jus is ready to serve, pan fry the tenderloin for 1-2 minutes on both sides to seal.
3. Put it in a hot oven for 2 minutes
Then leave to stand for 5 minutes to allow the meat to settle and tenderise.
4. Present 1cm slices on the plate with the jus drizzled over, and garnish with a touch of parsley or other decorative herb.
1. Roast potato chunks
Chop sweet potatoes and white potatoes in 2cm cubes and roast with olive oil, salt, rosemary and peeled garlic cloves.
2. A simple green salad goes beautifully.