500g premium diced venison steak
1 red onion (finely diced)
50g finely diced mushrooms (any type)
tsp ground coriander
1x beef stock cube
1. Put the onion, mushrooms, milk and coriander into a casserole dish with the meat.
2. Bring to a simmer then put into the oven at 120C for 2.5 hours.
3. Take out the oven, drain off liquid into a saucepan and simmer on the hob. Meanwhile put the cooked venison into the fridge to cool.
4. Reduce the liquid by 50% then thicken with the cornflour to from a heavy gelatinous sauce. Make sure to add the flour slowly and stop when you get a thick gooey texture (similar to custard). Put into the fridge to cool.
5. Once both the sauce and venison have cooled, combine to form small cylindrical croquettes.
6. Using your hands roll the croquettes in breadcrumbs and fry in a pan of hot veg oil (around 180C)
7. Serve the croquettes hot with petit pois and celeriac mash.